How to Update TXT and SPF Records - DNS ManagementSender Policy Framework and the related TXT files are used to verify domain ownership and implement email security measures to reduce spam and domain spoofing. It is a DNS record that provides text information to sources outside the domain that can be used for several purposes. The record's value can be either human- or machine-readable text.
v=spf1 mx include:_spf.google.com ip4:126.96.36.199 -all
|Sets the SPF version being used.||Allows the domain’s MX details to send an email.||Includes Google mail servers as authorized servers.||This IP address will pass.||Any other IP address will fail.|
Update TXT/SPF Records
- Log in to your Domains Dashboard.
- On the dashboard, select the domain where you're updating the SPF record.
There are two views in the Domains dashboard - the Card and List views. Click on the view icons to switch to your preferred view.
- Choose the domain you wish to modify.
In the Card view, click the domain's Manage button.
In List view, click the domain or its gear icon on the right-hand side.
- Click on DNS & Nameservers in the left-hand menu.
- On the DNS & Nameservers page, select the DNS Records tab.
- Add a new TXT Record by clicking the blue + button.
- Or, scroll to the bottom for TXT records and click on the 3 dots.
- Make your revisions and Click on Update DNS.